|Root-Technology Designation System|
- Root-Technology Designation System is to promote and nurture companies which hold core root-technologies in Root-Industry, a foundation of domestic manufacturing industry, appointing them as Root-Technology specialized companies, supporting them with technology development, financing, and human resource to become technology leading companies with global competitiveness.
|Definition of Root-Technology Specialized Company|
- It is defined under the article 2 in Promotion and Modernization of Root-Industry Act that it is a company utilizing six (6) root-technologies (Casting, Molding, Plastic Working, Welding, Surface Finishing, Heat Treatment) during manufacturing process.
|Definition of Root-Technology|
- Forming Process of Product
- Casting : It is a manufacturing process in which a liquid metal material melted in a furnace at high temperature is poured into a mold solidifying to form a desired shape.
- Molding : It is a manufacturing process by shaping a liquid metal material to a desired frame in order to mass-produce a product with the same shape and size.
- Plastic working : It is a manufacturing process to form a desired shape by applying external force to material deforming it permanently.
- Welding : It is a fabrication that joins material (metal or non-metal) by causing fusion with heat and pressure.
- Application Process of Special Characters to Material
- Heat Treatment : The process is to apply heating or chilling intentionally in order to achieve a desired status of a material altering its properties.
- Surface Finishing : It is an industrial process altering the surface of material with physical or chemical application of metallic or non-metallic material to achieve certain properties, such as improvement of appearance and resistance, or application of certain functions.
|Core Root-Technology in Shin Young|
- Designation System : Molding
- Core Root-Technology : Welding Material Technology for light-weight alloy